Wednesday 1 October 2008

Oct 1st

It started off as a dank and dreary morning, having to catch the train in as the car needed servicing. Dropped it off at Hondas in Ascot at 8am, and then rounded the corner to see the 0807 train departing.Grrrrr. Had a lovely seat on the platform for 25 mins as I waited for the next one. Short journey and then a walk up Egham hill. Still, it'll only cost me a few hundred pounds for them to change the oil and wipe it with a rag.

All this meant the wife had to catch the train too. Waddling across Staines first thing in the morning should be good exercise for her. Seriously though, I'll make her take it easy later.

Work today is full of excitement. I had a cup of tea first thing, and I filled out a form. This afternoon I may write up some minutes and email them......

Got Ante-natal classes tonight, more sitting around with strangers on uncomfortable chairs listening to a midwife talk about the joys of pushing a 10lb baby out of a hole the size of a cardboard tube. So glad I'm male...

The weekend isn't approaching half as quick as it should be. There's golf to be had on Saturday morning (getting in as much as I can before it's "not allowed") The rugby Grand Final between Leeds and St. Helens, which is most likely to end in disappointment as the Saints are probably better. Then off to Louis' for poker which is for nominal stakes, and will while away the evening as I take £3 profit away with me after I've taken £4 worth of snacks there.

Sunday should be quiet, although the wife has given me a list as long as my arm of things to do before the baby gets here. I think I'll be finishing shelves, painting, mowing the lawn, tidying the "nursery" or "study" as I still call it, boarding the loft and rearranging the furniture. Still, could be worse I suppose. I'm sure she'll allow me a few hours watching various sport inbetween trying to hurt my back.

Suppose I'd better get back to the grind, getting hungry and need to go and buy lunch. Enjoy your day, and don't forget to forward on all those soppy emails about "Friendship", I just love those...

No comments: